“When I think of His Goodness and what He’s done for me …..”
At the beginning of our Tuesday Night Bible Study, Pastor Brice made the statement that he’d thought about creating a Gratitude Journal. Then he said: “This is my challenge to you: keep a journal for 1 to 2 weeks – make daily posts of what you are grateful for.” Yes, you can do this!
A journal is simply a record of events or actions, usually of a personal nature: a daily record – a diary – a log – a logbook. It does not have to start out as a diary/logbook. You can write your thoughts or actions on a piece of paper, date it, and later compile your logbook or journal.
Pastor Brice taught: “What Does It Mean to Be Grateful/Thankful?” He gave us 7 reasons, supported by Scripture, why we should be thankful.
- Because God is good. “All the time – God is good!” (1 Chronicles 16:34)
- Because it is the Will of God to be thankful. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- Because we’re a part of God’s Kingdom. (1 Peter 2:9)
- God will help us be at peace. (Philippians 4:6)
- We will learn how to appreciate and worship God. (Psalm 100:4 & Psalm 95:2-3)
- Because of God’s blessings. (2 Corinthians 9:15)
- Being thankful will help you avoid sin. (Matthew 5:3-11 – The Beatitudes)
Make your journals personal, include family, close friends, pets, situations involving family, friends, our country, etc. Start your list by saying: “Thank you Lord for …. ” You’ll find that you have many things to be thankful for. Do this daily and watch your list grow. You’re praising Him! Praising God is connecting you to Him. Get Connected … and … Stay Connected!
Solomon Temple Ministries International – Blogger – Othella Hill-Jordan