GREETINGS FROM THE TEMPLE …
“Do You Need an Upgrade?”
An upgrade can be in the physical, mental, or spiritual. Although most of us, myself included, might be due for an upgrade or renewal in all three categories this writing is centered on spiritual upgrade.
Pastor Brice is taking us through a series of teachings on witnessing – winning souls to Christ – spreading the gospel. Although this may seem simple – easy enough – there are barriers that may make it difficult or may even prevent you from spreading the gospel – from witnessing to the unsaved.
“If we don’t see the need for God in others, we’ll never share the gospel.” – Pastor V.S. Brice
This is a barrier in the form of apathy and lack of compassion. Other barriers include but are not limited to lack of gospel knowledge and fear. Before you can rid yourself of these barriers you must first acknowledge them. Then move on to upgrading your walk with Christ.
- Lack of gospel knowledge: You must go through the process of reading – studying – understanding the Word. You can’t share the Word until you’ve processed the Word.
- Apathy: Stop being apathetic. Some of us don’t care enough about others therefore we don’t share the gospel. Get to know your neighbors, care about them. Share!
- Fear: We’re afraid that we might quote the wrong Scripture and by doing so, turn others away from rather than towards the gospel. Learn Scripture that will capture the heart of the unsaved: John 3:16 (“God so loved the world….”) Romans 3:23 (“For all have sinned…..”) Romans 10:9 (“That if you confess with your mouth ………..”) Romans 10:13 (“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord…”) Revelations 3:20 (“To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me…….) Get rid of the fear. Make your witnessing Scripture based.
- Lack of compassion: We’ve lost the ability to “walk in another man’s shoes” – to feel his hurt – to feel his pain. Again, get to know your neighbor. This will allow you to walk in his shoes – to feel compassion. Then you will freely share the gospel.
“By the renewing of our minds we get transformed from the inside out.” – Pastor V.S. Brice
Upgrade your spiritual walk with the Lord
- Upgrade your confessions – words. Psalm 19:14 – “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight…”
- Upgrade your conscious – mind. Keep you mind stayed on Jesus – stayed on the Word.
- Upgrade your commitment. Proverbs 16:3 – “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.”
- Upgrade your confidence. Staying committed to the Word will build your confidence. Philippians 1:6 – “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
- Upgrade your connections. Watch the company you keep. Stop fooling with people who have a worldly mind-set. 2 Corinthians 6:17 – “Therefore come out from them and be separate.”
Connect with STMI. Get under the teachings of Pastor Victor S. Brice. Upgrade your spiritual walk: confession – conscious – commitment – confidence – connections.
Spread the Gospel (and) Stay Connected!
Solomon Temple Ministries International – Blogger – Othella Hill-Jordan