Our Christian standards have a lot to do with our understanding of ministry. Pastor Brice is conducting a series of teachings on: “The Biblical Understanding of Ministry”, in which there are 7 components. #1. The Messiah – #2. The Mission – #3. The Message – #4. The Ministry – #5. The Method – #6. The Membership – #7. Myself (yourself). Our standards fall under the Membership component.
“You’re privileged if you’re a member of Christ’s Church. Don’t take advantage of the privilege.” – Pastor V.S. Brice
Christ’s Church is where God resides. It’s where you are transformed, transferred, from the world system into the God System. Christ’s Church is everywhere, God is Omnipresent.
“A lot of people attend church every Sunday – but still miss church!” – Pastor V.S. Brice
Could this be you or I? Let’s look at our standards, also known as our principles of living, our conduct.
“People don’t see a difference in you when you accept Christ because you have so many habits that mimic the world. Break your old habits and replace them with new ones.” – Pastor V.S. Brice
Colossians 3:10 (MSG) “Every item of your new way of life is custom-made by the Creator, with his label on it. All the old fashions are now obsolete.”
As members of Christ’s Church there are certain actions we need to put in place. There are things we need to change. Put on a new Wardrobe. Wear It – live It – and be about It!
- New Speech. Pray more, prayer will help you purify your speech.
- New Standards (renewal). Your old standards are obsolete – get rid of them!
- New Status. We all have equal status in God.
- New Spirit. Forgive quickly – be even tempered – kind – love – peace – gratitude.
- New Song. Have a new song in your heart. New lyrics praising and honoring God.
- New Service. Have a new attitude towards serving God and His people.
Work on your personal standards. Change some things – go through renewal – revival of your minds and hearts. Your goal is to mimic the standards of Christ. Get to Christ’s Church!
Solomon Temple Ministries International – Blogger – Othella Hill-Jordan